“Massage is an investment in your good health and fertility”
Your ability to conceive is profoundly influenced by the complex interaction between you, your body and your environment. Along with naturopathic and herbal solutions I also offer fertility massage. Specific fertility massage can be useful to enhance conception, pregnancy and a positive birth experience with or without Naturopathic treatment.
Massage is well known for its relaxing and therapeutic benefits. Regular massage has a profound effect on the physical, mental and emotional health of the recipient. When you are preparing for a baby, during pregnancy or after birth, massage is a wonderful experience which:
- Promotes relaxation and soothes any aching muscles;
- Improves mobility of tissues and joints;
- Increases circulation to all organs increasing cell nourishment and eliminates waste products;
- Improves lymphatic drainage;
- Restores the function of internal organs including reproductive organs;
- Lowers blood pressure and reduces swelling and oedema;
- Reduces stress and promotes restful sleep;
- Restores the function of the skin, muscles, nerves, blood vessels, heart and digestive system;
- Decreases pain, both acute and chronic;
- Heals tissue and breaks up tissue adhesions.
- Help alleviate depression and post-natal depression;
- Help connect you with your body, promotes body awareness;
- Helps you feel vibrant and healthy;
- Restores your body’s natural balance and prepares your body to nurture a child;
- When pregnant, massage helps both yourself and your baby relax and enjoy time together.
Has massage been studied scientifically?
Yes. The Natural Standards database provides high quality, evidence-based information on complementary and alternative therapies that can assist clinicians, patients, and healthcare institutions in making informed therapeutic decisions.
Clinical research suggests that massage therapy throughout pregnancy might improve anxiety, mood, and sleep quality in pregnant women. Massage may also be associated with reduced labor-related and post-natal complications. Massage may also be associated with shorter labor, shorter hospital stays, and less risk for post-partum depression.
Most clinical research shows that massage therapy increases body weight in pre-term infants. Massage might also decrease post-natal complications and improve sleep quality in pre-term infants.
- Therapeutic massage
- Fertility and preconception massage (includes reflexology)
- Pregnancy massage
- Post natal massage
- Herbal medicine
How does Fertility Massage differ from a relaxation massage?
With fertility massage I combine the relaxation of therapeutic massage with specific acupressure points, reflexology, gentle abdomen massage, holistic pulsing and visualizations – focused on the reproductive system and optimising your fertility. Individual sessions differ depending on what is required at the time.
How many sessions should I have?
Depends on your situation. After birth – one massage might be all you need to assist in your recovery. If you are pregnant regular massage is recommended for relaxation and to ease pregnancy issues. For preconception weekly, fortnightly or monthly is recommended to assist the process.
Can I combine fertility massage with IVF treatment?
Yes. When you are experiencing fertility treatments this can be very stressful. Fertility massage at this time is beneficial for all the reasons above.
Nuts and bolts:
We are located at Rose Cottage, 83 Comries Rd, Chartwell. Massage sessions are available Thursday evenings between 5.30 and 8.30 pm. Sessions are 60 mins and the cost is $80.
You can conceive. It may take more motivation and perseverance than you ever thought possible. But Nature is on your side. With her gentle help and my support, your child will come.
Are you looking for a natural way to improve your chances of having a baby? Book an appointment to see us.